Ferrara Guesthouse Le Occare, logo

Delizia di Belriguardo

Le Occare, an ancient Farmhouse in the countryside of Ferrara

Italian version English version French version

The Belriguardo castle "Delizia di Belriguardo", masterpiece of the architect Giovanni Da Siena, under the commitment in 1435 of Niccolo III d’Este, was the summer residence of the Este court and, at its best, was like a little Italian Versaille. 

The superb fresco of the "Sala della Vigna", painted by Girolamo da Carpi, Dosso Dossi and Benvenuto Tisi da Garofalo in 1537 is a real masterpiece of the "Officina Ferrarese" and is a very good demonstration of the wealth of the place at the time of the Este family. The "Sala della Vigna" is open to visits on Sunday afternoon only.
In summertime Belriguardo Castle is utilized for exhibitions and concerts in the program of Estate al Belriguardo